Thursday, January 28, 2010

Portion size and water consumption

I really liked the idea of Kari's about putting all your water on the counter so you are reminded of how much you need to drink. I can get in 64 ounces fairly easily but much more than that I slog up. It's still there to remiind me so I can also grab one of the bottles and take it wherever I go.
Portion size is a little easier for me. I don't have a scale but I used to and I really think that would be a good investment.i try and stay away from pasta becasue the protions there are just so confusing! One cup of spaghetti seems like nothing...but if you add a bunch of vegetables, etc. it works out pretty good.
My real challenge is the exercise. I'd much reather be sitting somewhere reading or sewing. Could be why I'm obese. duh! I did buy the new Wii fit plus and it is really truly a lot of fun..and the time goes by pretty quickly. I ahve been able to walk a little farther lately so I am pretty pumped about that. I'll let you know how I do.

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on the WII fit plus! So many people seem to LOVE IT!!! The water thing wasn't actually my idea so I've got to give PROPS TO MINDY for suggesting that it be out on the counter... I just was able to get the info from her before I made it a challenge! ;o) Truly inactivity and portion sizes are the main reasons why America is obese! Keep on walking! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should be pumped up about progressing..way to go. One day, you'll even be jogging. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So you could make your reward for exercising be reading or sewing. Then you can feel really good about your hobbies!

    Good job on the water!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am about to change your life FOREVER… Ready? Combine exercise with reading by using AUDIO BOOKS!!! Seriously you’ll be walking for hours without even realizing it. You can go to your local library and get HUNDREDS of great titles on audio (you may have to have them sent in from another branch) it’s SUPER easy and you can get them in CD or Cassette Tape. I go walking with a book in my ear every single chance I get. I LOVE reading and don’t have time so this is perfect for me. I don’t know what your tastes are but some really excellent authors on audio are Nora Roberts (The Circle Trilogy: are my MOST favorite 3 books). Also, the Harry Potter books on tape are OUT OF THIS WORLD!!! Jim Dale reads them and he’s won Golden Globe awards and had his name in the Genus book of world records for his work on them. The Twilight Saga is EXCELLENT also Stephanie Meyers ‘The Host’ is fantastic!!! Lord of the Rings, and the Hobit are classics. Anything by Janet Evonovich will have you laughing until you pee your pants, check out her ‘1 For the Money’ series. Sue Grafton is amazing her alphabet murder series is superb. Pick your poison; I could go on and on and on. My point is, go to your library and give it a shot. Get a disc man or just plug a radio in next to your treadmill… whatever works. You’ll get so caught up in the story you’ll find yourself walking far past the time you’d thought you would. Also, get a book that keeps you on the edge of your seat and you’ll find you’re walking faster and your heart will be beating harder than ever before.
    Good luck! Hope you find something great. If you want more ideas about great books comment on my blog about your favorite genre and I’ll get you some more suggestions for ya. Seriously I’ve listened to tons!

    ReplyDelete